As a psychoeducator, my research focuses on the development of behavioral problems in young people, risk and protective factors, and other difficulties that may be associated with mental health problems (e.g., depression, substance use problems). I am particularly interested in callous-unemotional traits (e.g., lack of empathy, lack of guilt) in youth, as these traits constitute a risk factor for serious and persistent antisocial behaviors. I use a variety of research methods, including longitudinal data analysis and laboratory data analysis (e.g., tasks related to emotion recognition). I am interested in the practical applications of research findings, and in the implementation and evaluation of prevention and intervention strategies in order to promote mental health among young people.
- Regular member at the Research Unit on Children’s Psychosocial Maladjustment (GRIP)
- Associate researcher at the Centre de recherche – Institut Philippe-Pinel
- Associate researcher at the Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal (IUSMM)
- Collaborator at the International Center for Comparative Criminology (CICC)
- Member of the Ordre des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec (OPPQ)
This content has been updated on October 7 20 at 13 h 17 min.